Assisting with all aspects of bookkeeping, accounts and management accounts preparation
The Bookkeeper/ Bookkeeping & Cloud Accounting Advisor will provide bookkeeping services and support for cloud packages both in-house and externally for clients. This is a varied role covering some sales ledger and credit control support, maintaining purchase ledgers using extensive purchase invoice automation and other add-ons. This role also involves VAT return preparation and bank reconciliations, largely using bank feeds.
The role includes some training for clients and in-house on cloud bookkeeping software and related packages.
- AAT qualified or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Good knowledge of Book-keeping processes and control
- Ideally with previous experience of delivering training on cloud bookkeeping packages
- Experience with various accountancy software / systems packages e.g. Sage 50Cloud Accounts, Xero, QuickBooks Online etc.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills, with proven ability to write reports and other documents
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex products in a clear, meaningful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with clients
- Good organisational skills
- Be able to work flexibly, using own initiative and judgement as well as working towards deadlines managing a number of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Focused and motivated
- Professional and confident manner
- Have an understanding of confidentiality within a practice setting.
- Excellent attention to detail
The role is based at Shepton Mallet. There will be some travel to other offices / clients’ premises as required.
Job Type: Full-time. Part time considered (min 21 hours pw)
Salary: £17,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year pro rata
- bookkeeping: 2 years (Preferred)
- delivering training: 1 year (Preferred)
- Xero, QuickBooks or other accountancy packages: 1 year (Preferred)
Interested candidates must have suitable and relevant skills and experience which will include many of the detailed responsibilities. Please send a letter of application together with your CV to:
Louise Smith, HR Support
Burton Sweet, Spencer House, Morston Court, Aisecome Way, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset BS22 8NG
Or email to Louise.firstname.lastname@example.org