Lasting Powers of Attorney
Have you made a Lasting Power of Attorney?
A lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) is a legal document that enables you to choose people you trust to make decisions on your behalf about your property and financial affairs or health welfare when you no longer wish to make those decisions yourself or when you lack the mental capacity to do so.
Creating an LPA
Burton Sweet can assist you in creating an LPA by:
- Giving you a clear and impartial advice about making an LPA
- Helping you decide who to appoint as your attorney (s)
- Advising your attorney (s) on the responsibilities that they will be taking on.
- Completing the LPA on your behalf
- Advising you on who can be your certificate provider
- Completing the separate forms required to register the LPA once completed
- Notifying the individuals that you have requested be notified, that the LPA is being registered
- Sending the forms to the office of Public Guardian on your behalf.