Set up in 1969 by Stuart Burton and David Sweet, our traditional practice has evolved into a regional centre of excellence for accounting, personal tax advice, assurance assignments, business support, together with advice for individuals and businesses from start-ups to well-established group structures.
We have grown a fantastic team of experienced accountants, advisers, consultants and specialists by consistently and continually providing an exemplary service based around our core service principles.
Burton Sweet Today
We have particular experience of helping small to medium-sized owner-managed businesses with all aspects of managing their businesses, and take immense pride in the level of service we offer – based around our core principles of expertise, commitment and value.
Our accountants and advisers are experts in their particular fields, and work alongside each other to ensure a client receives the tailored support they need.
Technical knowledge of specific tax initiatives, legislative matters and HMRC updates are certainly vital elements of this approach, but underpinning all of this is a culture at Burton Sweet that encourages the team to embrace change, to actively seek out new and relevant information with which we can help and support our clients and their businesses.
As a company and as individuals, the guiding principles that we champion are Expertise, Commitment and Value.
Reflected in our behaviour as much as our promises, they are much more than random wholesale labels.
Holding ourselves accountable to them is key in measuring the success of our service and ensures we deliver professional and personable support to our clients.
We are led by our clients
Burton Sweet is led neither by the services we provide nor by the sectors we operate in. We are guided instead by our clients and the help and support they require.
Our clients learn of ways to save money. They are freed from the hassle of financial compliance, and their tax bills are reduced.
More than just bean counters
To those astute business leaders, we are a support network of value-adding financial experts and professional advisers.
We can ensure that plans are understood and incorporate tax-effective solutions to meet the business as well as an individual’s own and broader family requirements.
Multi-disciplined teams of experts Across Burton Sweet’s South West offices, specific divisions look after the differing needs of a diverse range of business types, from leading regional corporates aiming to grow through acquisition to sole traders just starting out.
Dedicated teams also specialise in particular sectors, demonstrating genuine excellence in their spheres,from farming and rural industries to charity and not-for-profit business sectors.
Our values are no accident
As a company and as individuals, the guiding principles that we champion and uphold above all others at Burton Sweet
are Expertise, Commitment and Value. Reflected in our behaviour as much as our promises, they are much more than
random wholesale labels.
- We are a multi-disciplined team of qualified accountants, advisers and consultants with specialist skills and multi-sector excellence.
- Hand-picked bespoke teams are carefully compiled to match a client’s needs, for today and tomorrow.
- Continuing professional training is rigorously undertaken for all team members to ensure we are always able to provide the most up-to-date advice.
- Building a relationship takes time and is more than a written procedure.
- We are prepared to step up and challenge decisions, contribute ideas and share knowledge.
- Our existing clients are our number one priority.
- Our aim is always to exceed your expectations on delivery of service.
- Complex, expensive marketing campaigns all about us are not our style; getting to know you properly is.
- We believe in providing advice that is honest, transparent, competent, respectful and jargon-free.
- Nobody likes large bills, so we offer fixed fee quotes whenever possible and the option to spread the cost through Direct Debit payments.
To contact us about any of our values, or the services we offer, please email Nigel Harris, Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him on 0117 9738441.
Click here to find your local office.