Established in 1969 by Stuart Burton and David Sweet, our traditional practice has evolved into a regional centre of excellence to support individuals, companies and charitable organisations with their finances.
Now, we are proud to provide services including accounting, personal tax advice, assurance assignments, business support, as well as guidance for individuals and businesses from start-ups to well-established groups.
At Burton Sweet, we have a growing team of experienced accountants, advisers, consultants and specialists who are experts in their fields. Our driving philosophy is to continually and consistently improve our service to best meet the requirements of our clients.
Technical knowledge of specific tax initiatives, legislative matters and HMRC updates are certainly vital elements of our approach. However, underpinning this practical knowledge is a culture which champions a personable, but professional interactions, cultivating more productive relationships with our clients.
It is our aim to develop a thorough understanding of the unique opportunities and challenges that each of our clients face.
At Burton Sweet, we encourage our employees to broaden their existing skillsets and develop new expertise, so they are more qualified and capable for the future. Alongside diligence, we value positivity, ensuring our offices are both productive and pleasant places to be.
Beyond the services we provide and the sector we operate in, we are predominantly guided by the needs of our clients. Our most important goals are to free them from the hassle their finances might cause, so they can extract the most from their money.
For ambitious business leaders, we act as a support network of value-adding financial experts and professional advisers. We ensure plans are understood and tax-effective solutions are found.
Our multi-disciplined teams of experts across Burton Sweet’s South West offices, cater to the specific needs of our diverse client base, from sole traders just starting out, to leading corporates aiming to grow through acquisition. Each of our dedicated teams demonstrate genuine excellence in their spheres, from farming and rural industries to charity and not-for-profit business sectors.
Find our core company values below, which are present in every activity, both internal and external, that Burton Sweet engages in:
- We offer a team of qualified accountants, advisers and consultants with a diverse range of specialist skills and multi-sector excellence.
- Bespoke teams are carefully assembled to match clients’ needs, both present and future.
- Continual professional training is regularly undertaken by all team members to ensure we can provide the most up-to-date advice.
- Burton Sweet aim to build productive and long-term relationships with our clients.
- We are prepared challenge decisions, contribute ideas and share knowledge.
- Our aim is always to exceed your expectations on delivery of service; we want you to be delighted by our work.
- It is our wholehearted belief that an exemplary service is the most important calling card a company can have.
- We provide advice that is honest, transparent, competent, respectful and jargon-free.
- Nobody likes large bills, so we offer fixed fee quotes whenever possible.
If we can assist you, your business or your charitable organisation in any way, please get in contact with us: