Free up your time and resources, and gain valuable management intelligence and business guidance with our outsourced Bookkeeping Service
Why do I need a bookkeeper?
Every business has a legal obligation to keep records of their transactions. There is no set format that must be adhered to but at the very least records of all sales, expenses and purchases should be kept. Failure to keep records can result in a fine of up to £3000 and disqualification as a Company Director so it is important to understand your obligations.
Take a look at our brief video to learn how Burton Sweet can help to streamline your business bookkeeping and provide added value.
Bookkeeping for businesses of all sizes
If you need a reliable and efficient Bookkeeper, Burton Sweet can help meet your specific requirements.
According to the Companies Act (2006), all companies must keep “true and fair” financial and accounting records for at least 6 years and in some cases longer such as if a transaction covers more than one year’s accounting period, or if you have bought something that is expected to last longer than 6 years like equipment or machinery.
Receipts and invoices detailing all money sent and received by the company must be kept as well as details of all assets owned and any debts the company owes or is owed.
Aside from these obligations, keeping good records is an essential part of running a successful business. When good records are kept, the business owner knows at any given time how much is owed from customers, how much is owed to suppliers, how profitable the business is and how much cash is available. This means better decision making can be made and improvements in cash flow and profitability can be achieved.
Our Bookkeeping Service
Burton Sweet provide a reliable, trustworthy and highly efficient bookkeeping service. Whether you just have a pile of receipts, a spreadsheet or are already using an accounting package, we can sort out your books for you and give you peace of mind that your finances are under control.
At Burton Sweet we prefer to operate on a fixed fee basis to help you plan and control costs. We operate from being bookkeepers right through to being a fully outsourced finance department, and can scale our services up or down as you need us – so that you spend time running your business instead of doing the books.
We have an experienced and efficient team of Chartered Accountants, bookkeepers and business advisors who provide a professional and efficient bookkeeping service. Whatever your needs, we can accommodate them:
- We can make sure your internal systems are working effectively, and can provide help with projects to catch up on old paperwork
- We work with Cloud or Desktop accounting systems and can provide systems training if required
- We advise on specialist and technical areas such as CIS, factoring and charity specialist issues.
- We provide forecasting and cashflows as well as management accounts
- We work with specialist payroll bureaux to provide outsourced payroll services
Benefits of using our bookkeeping service include:
- Fixes and limits costs. No employee benefits or employers NI to pay
- No recruitment costs, or concerns about recruiting the right individual
- Access to a wide range of expertise and understanding of accounting systems
- Provision for holiday/sickness cover is included
- No need to provide a desk/computer/office space
- No need to provide training to the finance team or bookkeeper
- Removes the complexities of employment/HR issues
- The service can scale up or down as required
- Seamless integration with management accounts and year end accounts
- A single point of contact for accounts functions – prevents people pulling in different directions
- Total confidence in the accuracy of the management information