We offer a complete package of services for small and not-so-small businesses including sole trader or partnership.

We understand that being a sole trader or partnership can mean extra caution when it comes to business expenditure. Our services can be tailored to any budget and help you get the most from your money. We can assist you to understand your self-assessment tax return, or give guidance on how to plan financially and strategically to ensure your business is profitable.

Whether you just want a basic annual accounts and tax return service, bookkeeping and VAT, or a more strategic support to help you manage and grow your business, our expert Nigel will be able to help.

Thinking of incorporating? We can help you understand the pros and cons of turning the business into a limited company and assist you with all the legal and tax formalities to do so as smoothly as possible.

Find out we helped Adrian…

Adrian is a composer, musician and music therapist. His drive to create and perform music, coupled with his talent for bringing music to a therapeutic setting means he has a varied and fulfilling working life. We have helped Adrian for over 20 years keeping his daily accounts… read more

Contact us for more information

Contact form

  • Please let us know how we can help you, and how and when you would prefer us to contact you.

Nigel Harris

Head of business services & development

01749 342255

Get in touch today

Services we provide for Sole Trader or Partnership

accounts document icon


We help you understand your figures, where you are now and how to get to where you want to be. Annual accounts are a

bookkeeping scroll icon


Clients receive first-class, reliable, trustworthy and highly efficient bookkeeping services from Burton Sweet, saving time and hassle by providing a complete end-to-end service. Our

laptop budgeting icon

Management Accounts

While accounts are required for legal and tax purposes, accurate and timely management accounting information will also help you to analyse backwards and predict


P11d (Employee Benefits Reporting)

Employers must submit P11d forms to HMRC at the end of each tax year to report the value of certain employee benefits. These may


Managing Payroll is a necessary part of having employees. Having staff may start off relatively simple but can quickly develop into a complex beast.

Personal Tax & Self Assessment

If you are self-employed or have earnings or profits from selling shares or property then you need to submit a self assessment tax return.

Trusts, Estates, Wills & Probate

Getting professional advice to help you navigate post-death tax planning will make this difficult and emotional task much easier. In addition to calculating capital


We take the pain out of VAT compliance! We can deal with all your VAT recording and filing as part of a wider bookkeeping

Find out how we can help


Useful information for Sole Trader or Partnership

Limited CompaniesSole Trader or Partnership

For many business owners, sitting back and watching their bank balances rise is a less common occurrence. COVID, Brexit, supply issues, lockdown and so

Read more
Limited CompaniesSole Trader or Partnership

The Government giveth, and the Government taketh away – or so it seems. Most COVID support grants paid out by central govenment or though

Read more

I am a...